Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pregnancy and heightened sense of smell

These days, I can't the smell of dinner after dinner.

Last night, Matt cooked liver for dinner. I usually have no problem with the smell of liver. That night, I kept smelling liver in my sleep, and I even dreamt about liver. I felt so sick in my sleep. Then I woke up from the sleep. I could smell cooked liver from dinner - it was coming from Matt's jersey. I had to open the bedroom windows in the middle of a cold winter for fresh air and put his jersey out of the room. My stomach was churning big time. I felt totoally nauseous. It only settled down after I had a cup of warm water.

I can't stand the thoughts of food as it tends to trigger a sense of smell which makes me sick.

The body is funny at the moment. I'm 6 weeks pregnant.

No comments: